Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Haunted

At night sometimes, I pull up the covers up so hard, gripping onto them in my sleep, that I wake up afraid. Even in my dreams, I'm not at peace. There are glimmers of rest. Feeling the cool air brush my hands while I'm driving, chasing the sunset. My face being greeted by the brisk air of early morning. The momentary quiet that comes after I pose my questions to God. Silence.

With you, everything has become momentary. Love sets you free, but recently, I feel anything but. Next moment, I'm awake again and you are my whole world, again. What is the dream and what is the reality, I honestly can't tell anymore. Like I've edited the story so many times that I no longer can see the original. I need space so I pull you closer. I need time so I make none.

And you know, that you, will haunt me, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment