Tuesday, December 17, 2013

In the midst

It's been a long time since I've put forth any real effort into my schooling, a concept I learned in my Adolescence class this semester, called self-handicapping. I put in little effort, so that when I get back my sub-par grades, my pride isn't hurt. Well, this semester, I was all in. In the midst of studying for finals, writing up excessively long final essays, and you know, working full time, I feel an overwhelming sense of pride. I am proud of my accomplishments. I feel pride in my intentions, in my work, in my future plans. I think: this is it, and nothing and no one will stand in my way.

So, as a little break from writing this last essay, I want to send up thanks to God, and to the many loved ones that have helped me get to this point. I have done nothing to deserve the life that I live, and yet I am still blessed every day still, constantly, always. Thank you.

Peace to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment